Monday, May 20, 2019

Fully rigged with all of the changes.

Did a little dry sailing in the driveway this weekend as the weather wasn't very conducive to launching.  Probably a good idea to fully rig everything at least once before launching.


Here's the sheet setup.  As you can see, the end of the boom is now easily reached for rigging and reefing.  It might pull back a bit after I get the rig balanced, but it'll still be in easy reach.



Here's the downhaul setup, currently 3 to 1.  The running end belays in a jam cleat on the mast below the deck.  I can adjust it even with all the hatches on.


Here's the rig hoisted.  I have it as far forward as I can take it, pretty much guaranteeing some lee helm when I launch.  I wanted to make sure I could get rid of weather helm as the mast has moved back a bit.  You can't se it here, but the CE of the rig is pretty much in front of the leeboard if if was swung down.



Here's the rig resting in the lazyjacks and hoisted clear of my noggin in the aft end of the boat.


A full view of the lazyjacks.  They're run thru a dumb sheave drilled through the mast and meet in a single line that come to a cleat on the front of the mast.  Easy and quick to adjust.


Next stop the boat ramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment