Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cool enough to work


Well we've been having the hottest June on record ever here in Portland OR.  Mid 90's almost every day, and just too freakin hot to spend too much time out in the shop.  We finally got a little cool down this weekend, and I got a few more things done.

Finished shaping the Lee board for one.


Then I got the rudder and rudder head laid out and laminated together.

Thanks to the warm day and the fast set on PL premium, I even got the rudder shaped up.

I got smart this time and clamped the work to the rack rail on my pickup in the driveway instead of doing it in the shop.  Admittedly I had to wash the truck when I was done, but it needed it anyway.  That was also MUCH easier than cleaning up all the dust thrown by the disc grinder inside. Hope my downwind neighbor had the door closed to the shop with all his shiny hotrods :-)

Feels good to get some more done.  I am enjoying sailing my pelican, but I just can't wait to get this boat on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment