In order to get my butt into the boat and keep working, I now needed to cut out the "crossbars" in the fore and aft hatches. Luckily I had glues in the stabilizing longhorns and gussets the night before. So I cut the obstructions and went to work on these.
A little more time with the plane and disk grinder, and here's how things were looking before I cleaned up and headed out to do family stuff.
This is where the battery will go. No problem straddling it with my feet while stepping the mast. I rolled the boat outside to Blow off all of the dust. Sticking the hose in the blow side of the shop vac works well for this and is much quicker and easier than trying to actually vac everywhere. Still, there was a bit left in the shop.
I really need to get better about rolling the boat outside BEFORE I start sanding and shaving :-)