Monday, September 28, 2015

Fair and cabin framing

So I got up Sunday morning and the Glue was hard enough to spend a couple of hours with the Disk grinder and plane and fair a few things up.


In order to get my butt into the boat and keep working, I now needed to cut out the "crossbars" in the fore and aft hatches.  Luckily I had glues in the stabilizing longhorns and gussets the night before.  So I cut the obstructions and went to work on these.



A little more time with the plane and disk grinder, and here's how things were looking before I cleaned up and headed out to do family stuff.








 This is a shot of me standing in the fore hatch and looking straight down at the mast partner in the deck.  Stepping the mast on or off the water should be VERY easy.  This was the main reason for the cabin design change.




 I found this cooler to make the perfect portable step for getting in and out of the boat.  It also makes a nice arm rest for holding the tiller.  I'd thought about mounting the battery here, But it's very apparent that this portable cooler Is going to be a handier, more useful thing in the space.  Battery will go against the bulkhead at the forward end.  It's lower in the boat there anyway.




This is where the battery will go.  No problem straddling it with my feet while stepping the mast.  I rolled the boat outside to Blow off all of the dust.  Sticking the hose in the blow side of the shop vac works well for this and is much quicker and easier than trying to actually vac everywhere.  Still, there was a bit left in the shop.

I really need to get better about rolling the boat outside BEFORE I start sanding and shaving :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment