Thursday, June 2, 2016

Memorial Day Splash

I got her wet.  I sculled her, ran her on the trolling motor, tipped her over on purpose at the ramp, sailed her and ran her with a 2.3HP honda.  I had 2 full grown men in the boat for all of the sailing.  I'll go into depth on all of it, but to summarize she worked just great.   Here's a few shots of her in the water.
 The man with the back turned on the dock is Greg.  He came out with me for the first sail and was a lot of help.  It's nice to have backup on a brand new boat as you try everything for the first time.
 After 8 years on a 4.5' draft, 12-ton twin diesel trawler, it's nice to have a boat that can just go to the beach.
This is Dave Pierce,  a huge help for the entire day.  Greg above is his cousin.



And here's all of the video I managed to personally take that day.  Not much time for camera work when you're having a blast sailing the boat you built for the first time in the wind and current of the Columbia River gorge.  Sorry about all of the crazy tilting.


I'm a really happy guy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment