Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bulkheads and temporary form are coming together.

So Life sidetracked me a little bit, but i got back to work some this week.  Specifically I needed to get the dimensional lumber onto the edges of the bulkheads, beveled and build the temporary form that goes at the sides point of the boat.  I knew life would be a lot easier if I had a good miter saw so everything got cut off dead square, so I hit my local used tool shop and found this little beauty.  It's a Made in USA Jorgensen.  All things danish and Norwegian are quality, and this thing works GREAT. It's the first tool I've bought where you can trust it to be at 90 degrees when you set it to 90 degrees.

I got all of the lumber sawed up and started gluing up the transom first.  It's the one piece where the lumber extends PAST the ply for the beveling, so it took a lot more though to get the additional lumber extending the right amount past.  Everything else just butts up flush to the edge of the ply.

Here's a little video using the phone.  I'm still trying to get a good upload on the one showing the process of sawing out the sides, I think I need to trim a few more minutes off before it will upload successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksbRD1Vnmk


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment