Thursday, October 1, 2015

Roof is on

So I got some 3/8" ACX picked up and cut out the top of the canon pieces and got them glued and clamped down.




Yesterday I had a lousy morning.  Bad trip to pick up permits at the city.  Crap phone call from an unreasonable General contractor looking for a complicated design and bid in not time flat with no notice.  Got home @ 8:30 and went out to pull the clamps off and fair up the edges.  

It's been time to sharpen up the hand planes for a while.  After slow/almost no progress, I went against my better judgement and picked up the power plane my brother loaned me.  I really need to get good with the thing, It's much faster than the hand planes.  I'm not there yet.  I took one pass too many on the Port/forward edge and basically took off the top layer of veneer over the window opening.  Crap :-).

I put the tools away and went in for a nightcap.  It was just one of those days.  Just a little more filling and sanding to do over what I already had in front of me, not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment