Saturday, October 31, 2015

First finish coats on

I don't know how much visual difference there'll be for people reading this, but I've just gotten the second coat of semigloss Acrinamel white onto the hull this morning.  I've pretty much got full cover with the one coat of primer and two of the finish.

I'd do another coat of the white tonight, but the guys down at the Miller store told me one a day at the current temp and humidity.  I was dow there picking up the color for everything under the bashwales. I'm going with a Green that's appropriately name "Aquadazzle".   Apparently because of the heavy color, I need to give that two days between coats under these conditions.  We're running @ 50-60 degress and raining like hell in Portland OR.

Here's the stuff I'm using.



And here's how she's looking now.





Looks like I won't be able to post the two tone for a bit.  I was told I'd nee 3 coats of the green to obtain the shade I chose, and there's a 2 day wait between coats.  I't supposed to get cold tuesday, then run between 45-55 degrees for the rest of the week.  I imagine I'll have the color on by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment