Sunday, October 4, 2015

Framing finished

So I've officially finished all of the pieces that go into the hull and have nothing left to do but fill, sand and paint.  The windows and hatches will be plexiglass and mounted after painting, so I guess I technically have those to make.  Other than that, It's just the mast and spars, which are pretty quick and easy.









I rolled her outside and whipped up a batch of epoxy and filler and started plugging screw holes and cracks.  Left her outside in the sun to cure.  I'll give it about 3 days and start in with the 80 grit all over.  One more run around with filler and the sand, sand, sand.  Hopefully I get all of the paint on before the real cold sets in.  I left the rig to last on purpose so i wouldn't be tempted to run her down to the water before the paint has a chance to get good and hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment