Saturday, October 24, 2015

Time to Prime. Hull all one color for once.

Today was a long day.  4 mile walk with the dog.  sand the whole hull again with 150 grit.  Thoroughly clean boat and garage.  lunch and a little TV, then time to get the dog out again.  Home and a little dinner then out to the shop to paint.  Sit down after shower with laptop to post, 10:20pm.

It's a good tired though.

Here's the boat with the top half primed tom my color break.  I'm thinking a cerulean blue or hunter green for the lower.  Don't want to go too dark.

Cant't stop there though.  that was all the hard stuff.  Motored one through for the whole exterior.  I was rolling and tipping the primer.  Maybe a waste of effort at this point, but I wanted to get the motions down again for when I get to the finish coats.

All one color outside.  A major landmark in a boat building project.

I was lubricating my painting arm with a little Pendleton.  The glass of course got primed.


That's OK, I fixed it.  Primer is on that glass pretty good.  It's a good sign.






1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled on your build. Had considered building a power only version for cold weather messing about. Looks better in 3D than I had imagined. I had corresponded with JM about it. My idea was to make it about a foot wider by moving the sides apart and giving it a bow transom. Was also going to take most of the rocker aft.
    He didn't discourage me but other stuff got in the way. Anyway, I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete