Saturday, November 14, 2015

Interior getting painted

So we've got a few warm days in the forecast, figured I could get some painting done on the inside.  Got a coat of primer on the interior Friday night, first coat of white on today.

Cooler is there as my step stool out of the boat.  I might have to fab a little ladder.  I've tried reaching the transom for anticipated kicker futzing, and one stage step up will be handy.  Just a slightly far reach with the feet flat on the cabin floor.  Cooler not that stable.....






Also decided on battery placement.  I'm doing a pair of Group 24 deep cycle batteries.  I played with a single one on the centerline. but ran into issues at both ends of the cabin.  The placement shown is ergonomically no problem, simplifies wire routing the the switch/panel location I'm going to use, and is almost exactly at the lowest point in the boat and the center of buoyancy.  Jim figured 200lbs of steel bar bolted to the bulkheads for ballast.  Here's 80lbs of it serving a secondary use.


It should be warm enough tomorrow to get the cover coat of white on.  I might prime the floor as well and start in on painting that, at least the front end of the cabin.  That'll minimize what I have to do overhead when I get the boat flipped to paint the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Looking awesome.
    Been following your build of this very interesting design.
    Can hardly wait to see her in the water.
    My inspiration to start my own build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. All I can say is get one thing done no matter how small every few days and before you know it there's an awesome thing sitting in your shop you can't wait to play with :-)

    ReplyDelete