Thursday, April 21, 2016

More bits and peices

Now that I have a sculling notch for the oar, I need someplace to store the oar.  It will fit inside the boat, but that's messy an inconvenient.  Got to work on some fittings to store it on the cabin top for quick easy deployment as well as keeping the mess out of the house.


The other thing I've been going around on is the motor mount for the 2hp.  I was going to put it off until I found the shaft on my trolling motor was to short to use the sculling notch fitting for a mount.  Garelick makes a hideous steel and plastic fixed mount that mounts too low on the transom for how I have it built and reinforced to use a short shaft, which is what I already own.  Part of the problem is that the hideous chunk of plastic protrudes @ 3" above the brackets.  I was in my local 2nd hand chandlery the other day and found one of these cheap.  I figured I'd just build a shorter mounting block and use the brackets and hardware.  I can even notch the one I've made if I need the motor to go a little lower.   Got to work gabbing all of this and here's what I ended up with.




Of course we need to get some finish on all of this stuff before actually mounting it.  Got a coat on last night, and another coat this morning.  I'll get a third on this evening, and then maybe a fourth depending on what kind of build I've got after the 3rd.  Everything will get screwed down and the motor mount will get bolted up over the weekend.



Wonder where those windows and that tarp are.......

No comments:

Post a Comment