Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spars done and first hoist. Getting ready to make a sail.

I started coating the mast butt.  In the meantime, the tiller was cured enough to do final assembly on the rudder.  Got it entirely rigged except for a jam cleat on the tiller.  The up haul/down haul are a continuous line, the jam cleat will work for either.  I'm going to rig a loop to a bungee on the downhaul side for shallow water.  I'm in deep water most of the time, or I would have gone to the trouble of doing the lead sink weight.  As it is, I think this will work better for me where I sail.


Next step is get the sail loft set up.  Put loads of crap away, swept and even vacuumed the concrete.


Unfortunately Dave over at Polysail mixed up my order with another and sent me a tarp that's just barely too small.  He's letting me keep this one and sending the new one.  I tried laying it out and just fudging the dimensions a bit, but it's not going to work.  I'll have to wait for the larger tarp to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment