Saturday, August 1, 2015

Window cutting day

So I finally got the fillets and such sanded enough that I can get primer to stick when I paint the inside.  Started roughing the panels for the top of the boat, but knew I had to get the bashwales installed before I could paint inside and put those on.  Figured the time was ripe to cut out the window openings to help facilitate installing the wales.

I started by tracing @ 1" to the inside of all of the cabin framing.  I'm thinking I'm going to bolt and nut the windows on with Nylocks.  I also like the thought of leaving a bit of ply for structural strength.  The I got out the trusty hole saw and drilled my corners.



I connected the dots tangentially on the outside and broke out my little 4" skilsaw and cut from the outside.  Evened things up with the 7" Disc sander and the mouse sander.  Here's what she's looking like now.






It's really starting to look like the finished product.  I'd hammer in on getting the wales done this weekend, but tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of meeting a very good woman that's still with me.  I need to spoil her for the rest of the weekend if I want to make it 2 years.  I think I do :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment