Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fore sections curt and ready to butt

The fore sections came out just as nice as the aft sections.  I can finally see a whole profile.  Gracie, my Girlfriend in the picture is 5'4" tall.



I put everything flat on the floor so see how it squares up/lines up.  I couldn't be happier.




Bottoms line up, tops line up, lines for the sheer stringers line up.  Just have to get some proper 1-1/4" fasteners and I can glue/nail the ends together with the butt blocks.  i have some nice dense 5 layer 7/8" ply that I'm going to make 5-1/2" wide butt blocks out of.

After that, clamp the sides back to bad again, clean up the curves on the bottom and start making bulkheads.

I'm seriously considering buying enough extra ply to go to exterior chine logs.  It simplifies so much, and is a lot more failsafe baking up the butt join on the ply.  The boat is a bull 48" aide as designed. so I'd have to narrow it 1.5" if I don't buy the extra ply.  that messes with more than one bulkhead width and the angle of the stem.  It's only money, right?

2 comments: