Thursday, January 22, 2015

GETTING READY TO CUT

So I've laid the two aft side panels onto some junk 2x4 on the floor.  Grabbed my little 4.5" diameter porter cable skill saw and started fussing to try to get it at a dead on 90 degree cut.  The gauges on these tools are worthless, you really need to break out a square and measure to the side of the tooth, not the meat of the blade.



I think I have it pretty well set, but I'll do a test cut on some scrap before tearing into my boat.   Second thing I need to do is get the panels perfectly lined up.  My Sheetmetal hammer has nice flat sides and works well for this.  About 12 laps around the two sheets going "tappity-tap-tap" and I think I pretty well have it there.  I'll shoot 1"drywall screws through areas like where the window cutouts will be and where bulk heads and chine logs are landing to make sure the finished work stays aligned.


First I'm gonna have to go walk the dog in the rain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment