Thursday, January 22, 2015

RING NAILS

So in my travels about town in my capacity as at large estimator and project manager, i stopped in at a couple of the last "Real" hardware stores here in Portland.  At the Parkrose Ace, they has 11 gauge copper ring nails with a roofing head at $19.00 a pound in every length i might need on this boat.  Fasteners i can trust to leave in that won't corrode and back up my first attempts at structural gluing with stuff other than epoxy.  Only a real issue because  I'm wondering if i'll get the kind of fits and clamping necessary for Titebond to do the job, though the Pl Premiun test layup I did seems plenty damn strong.  Still not a great gap filler though.

I put out the plea for information and recommendation on the exact size and head style on the Duckworks and Michalak forums.  Gotta love the wealth of experience on those sites that's more than eager to comment/help.


Tonight I screw panels back to back and break out the skill saw to cut the sides out.  Can't wait to see how close I can skirt the lines and how well they match up on the back to back layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment